YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET FOR INSTALLATION AND DURING THE EXAMS.
USBs will no longer be used.
Please make you default browser Chrome or Firefox.
The software will error using EDGE.
1. Download the EBB software (it is available at the end of the EBB training)
2. Click Save File
3. Go to your Downloads Folder
4. Click on ElectronicBluebookSetup.exe
5. Click Run
6. The Installation will begin
7. The Setup Wizard will open.
8. Click Next
9. The license agreement will open.
10. Read through it.
11. Click the I Agree box and the Next button will become active
12. Click the Next button
13. The software will begin installing.
14. You will get a successfully installed message.
15. Click Finish
16. A shortcut will be created on your desktop.
17. Or you can find it by going to Start --> All Programs-->Electronic Bluebook-->Electronic Bluebook
18. Double Click the program to start
19. A Directions Box will appear
20. Please note the expiration date: The program expires every year and you will need to download the new
21. Click Continue
22. The Exam Start up Screen will open.
23. For the Practice Exam, enter any number into the Exam ID and choose Practice-Section and the number of Essay Questions you would like to practice (try at least 2 so that you can see the layout of multiple questions)
24. DURING THE REAL EXAMS
Your real course will be listed in the Course drop down and you should use your exam id provided by the Office of Student Services.
25. You can get this number by going to http://www.law.uh.edu/student/
26. Click on What is my Exam Number?
27. If your REAL course is not in the dropdown, click the add button to add it.
28. During the REAL exam the professor will provide the Number of Essay Questions.
29. Enter the Section Number and Professor Name
30. Example: 19849 5314 Lawyering Skills and Strategies - A1 MORRIS would be 19849-Morris
31. Click Accept
32. After you have filled out the startup screen, the program will confirm the number of exam questions.
33. EBB will open
34. Once EBB is open, you will be unable to leave software until you have completed the exam.
35. Please note the options that are available when you are answering questions.
36. Cut and Paste available to you.
37. There is NO Copy function.
38. In the bottom right of the screen, it will show you your battery charge level.
39. On the left hand side, an info section has a timer on it.
40. You can toggle to the Shortcut Key Legend.
41. You can toggle between Questions using the tabs at the top.
42. When you are finished, click Finish Exam.
43. If you did not mean to exit the exam, click Return to Exam and you will go back to the previous screen.
44. If you are completely done with your exam, click Complete Exam.
45. You will get a green screen with a successful note.
46. Click on the Exit Electronic Bluebook
47. A Manual Upload Page will open
48. Click the Browse Button
49. Your file will have been saved to your My Documents Folder -->Exams-->2017
The folder is called 2017 because that is the date of the expiration of the software.
50. Select the correct file – it will be listed as exam number –Course Name—date and time.enc
Please note, the file is encrypted. You will not be able to open the file.
51. Click Open
52. You will now see your file name in the yellow box next to the Browse… button
53. Click Submit
54. You will get a success message.
55. Close the browser window.
IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY ISSUES DURING THIS PROCESS, STOP USING EBB AND START USING A BLUEBOOK. AT THE END OF THE EXAM TURN IN THE BLUEBOOK AND THEN PROCEED TO STUDENT SERVICES TO REPORT YOUR ISSUE.