There are two wireless networks that cover the campus:
- UHSecure- provides secure wireless access to the network.
The WiFi network for UH Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Provides secure communications
- Provides access to campus resources
- Requires a CougarNet account for access
- Connect following these four easy steps:
- Select the UHSecure SSID
- Login using your CougarNet userID
- Use your current CougarNet password.
- If any messages occur that need your acceptance then press accept.
- UHWireless- provides unsecure wireless access to the network.
The University of Houston's Public (open) WiFi network
- Is an unencrypted (unsecured) WiFi network
- Provides access to campus resources and Internet
- Requires user to open web browser and accept Acceptable Use Policy
- Does not require a CougarNet account for access