The following steps can used to install and update Zoom on any Mac without local administrative access permissions.
- Download the Zoom installer at the start of any meeting. Alternatively, you can install and test ahead of time at this address https://zoom.us/test.
- On the meeting start screen, click "download & run Zoom".
- You may need to find the Zoom.pkg installer if the installer doesn't automatically open. You should find it in your downloads folder. Do a search for Zoom.pkg if you have trouble finding it.
- Double-click Zoom.pkg installer.
- Continue clicking through the installer to the Installation Type screen. Click the Change Install Location button.
Select Install for me only and click Continue. Note: this is the most important step. You will not be able to update the software yourself if you choose any option other than Install for me only.
The installer text should read: "Click install to perform a standard installation of this software in your home folder. Only the current user of this computer will be able to use this software."
- Click Install. The admin password will not be required.
- Click Close when it is done installing.